[Freeswitch-users] New Bounty (again): Improved Mod_voicemail Emulation

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 13:37:22 PDT 2010

I personally prefer the idea of making the existing one do more things.
Other reasons its C is:

It makes heavy use of the eventing system.
Reads and writes files to the disk and merges files possibly of varying codecs.
Seamlessly uses the DB
Interops with SIP over messaging for MWI and message count.

Most of the things you want to do from afar is exposed via API
commands that automatically handle things like
if you use the api to delete a VM it turns off the MWI

yada yada.

just $0.02
On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Kristian Kielhofner <kris at kriskinc.com> wrote:
> Anthony,
>
>  Understood and your logic makes perfect sense (as always).  I think
> contrib would be a great place for it :).
>
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Anthony Minessale
> <anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:
>> They are C because they are expected to load and work and there is 0
>> tolerance for missteps typically.
>>
>> a LUA one is ok but that's in the realm of the users.  I would not
>> ever ship an external app as part of the main distribution but
>> naturally making your own external systems is why we made FS modular.
>>
>> If you want to do it in LUA it would probably end up in contrib.
>
> --
> Kristian Kielhofner
> http://www.astlinux.org
> http://blog.krisk.org