[Freeswitch-users] Account selection

David Ponzone david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
Mon Aug 23 12:57:39 PDT 2010

Answers inline:

Le 23/08/2010 à 20:35, Ken Gillett a écrit :

> On 23 Aug 2010, at 15:13, David Ponzone wrote:
>
>> There are 2 simple ways to do that:
>> -use only one account on your softphone, and use prefixes: easy to
>> implement, but easy to make mistake for the users too
>> -use 6 accounts on your softphone as you used to do, with a 1-to-1
>> mapping with the external SIP accounts. You have to use a different
>> FS context for each account in order to do that.
>

> That's what I am thinking would be the best solution, but could it
> be 'many to 1'? IOW, could I have several different extensions all
> mapped to the same external account, so incoming calls on that
> account go to the grouped extensions and if any of them ring out, it
> goes out via that same external account?

I am not sure I get it but I think :)
Let's say you have 3 external accounts and you have 3 users (softphone).
You want all 3 users to receive calls for all external accounts and
also to be able to dial out through them, don't you ?
Well, of course, you can:
Softphone1 would have 3 users: user11 in context ext1, user12 in
contet ext2, user13 in context ext3.
Softphone2 would have 3 users: user21 in context ext1, user22 in
contet ext2, user23 in context ext3.
etc.. for Softphone3.
ext1 is a context where calls going out will use external account 1.
ext2 is a context where calls going out will use external account 2.
etc..

For incoming calls, it's going to depend on what information allows
you do distinguish the calls.
If it's a DID, it's easy.
All incoming calls will hit the public dialplan.
You just have to add extensions (FreeSWITCH extensions, so rules) so
that if the call is for DID1, then user11, user21 and user31 will be
called.
A such bridge command allows you to dial them all simultaneously or
sequentially.

> Here's another related question. Is it possible to register more
> than one SIP client to a single extension, or would you just use a
> different extension for each and set them up in a (hunt) group?

Yes you can!
You have to enable that in the SIP profile with:
<param name="multiple-registrations" value="true"/>
Value can also be "contact", but I don't know the difference.

For outbound, it's the same than previously, except you only need 3
accounts (one per external account).

For inbound calls, you will be able to ring all devices at the same
time in an easier way with:

<action application="bridge" data="${sofia_contact($${sip_profile}/$
{dialed_ext}@$${domain})}"/>

Was this helpful ?