[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 09:24:03 PDT 2010

It's Always this type of thread that gets attention an not others that
actually need attention.

I may not have been cute and cuddly in my reply to Woody but I gave
him a series of load testing aids in that same reply.
And I don't notice Woody complaining.  If you are offended Woody,
accept my regrets.  You have indeed hit a sore note because this
subject always creates a huge pain for us and I don't always have time
for tact in my busy day.  Did you receive the numerous tips I
suggested in my replies? I'll restate the most important which is
probably to use the -heavy-timer command line arg to FS on a box like
yours.  (This was default in 1.0.4) I believe most of what I said is
already on our WIKI but if not it would be a good idea to get it in
there.

READERS:

Please strike "at our expense" from my original reply and replace it
with "with the help of our absolutely free software" as some of the
finer nuances in our irregular english language especially idioms may
be lost in translation for some individuals.

To the rest of you who have stepped up to make a non-biased
performance WIKI page, Thank you for your efforts perhaps that will
save us all some time in the long run.

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/