[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question

Michael Scheidell michael.scheidell at secnap.com
Mon Aug 23 08:56:50 PDT 2010

looked at FAQ's first, just want to clarify.
Some background, looking at replacing a running sipx install due to
limitations on ITSP's
(conflicting ITSP and sipx limitations)
Biggest limitation I see is that sipx without an external SBC forces the
ITSP to send calls to port 5080.
(Big Sip trunk providers like ATT, Level3 and Verizon don't want to do
that.  I actually understand why)

in the firewall ports section it notes port 5060 for 'default' internal,
5070 for default nat and 5080 for default external.

I suppose the biggest question is can I set up freeswitch to listen for
SIP inbound trunk calls on port 5060 without loosing functionality
(with sipx, if I do this, I can't forward calls:
<http://list.sipfoundry.org/archive/sipx-users/msg23554.html>

I don't want to interfere with normal sip: url inbound calls, so I would
expect (in an 'askerisk like' setup) to be able to receive sip calls to
internal extensions as well as SIP trunk calls to port 5060.  (and be
able to put both on hold, take them off hold, play moh to callers,
transfer, blind and attended, and join a 3 way conference call)

Next, looking for someone who has moved from sipx 4.2.0 to
freeswitch/fusionpbx to quote me on a conversion (assuming I can use the
above)

POC would be to use someone like voip.ms and static registration (which
uses port 5060).  and have full regression testing.  inbound calls,
outbound calls, calls transfterd, (correct caller id shows up!)

Currently, this only works on voip.ms user/password authentication since
the invite/auth exchange will register port 5080.
voip.ms has no way to specify the calling port, and even if they did,
this is just the POC.  Level3, Att and Verizon will ONLY send to port 5060.

(ps, ISN dialing.  seems to be tied in to e.164 dialing, but I was not
able to actually tell if that is the case.
on sipx, I added a two digit 'trunk' code '**' to make outbound ISN calls)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
sip:michael.scheidell at secnap.com
 > *| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008