[Freeswitch-users] french language implementation

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Mon Aug 23 08:18:22 PDT 2010

Hello,

I would like to make a proper bilingual PBX implementation here in Canada, and it looks like there
isn't a stock set of Canadian French sound files.

I talked to GM Voices, and they have some voice talent available to do this job.  Our company is
willing to pay for it (they gave us a pretty good deal), and we will contribute the prompt set back
to the project once it's done.

Being that it's a different language, and some numbers and phrases are said in a different format,
what do I need to change to make all this work?

I imagine I have to modify some phrase macros somewhere.

Does anyone have some instructions, or is there someone fluent in French willing to take this on?

I see references to fr in modules.conf, but I can't find the audio files.  Is it possible that
someone has already done this work, and all we have to do is record the prompts?

Any help is appreciated.

-Tim