[Freeswitch-users] Phrase speak-text function return on first key press in phrase file on Windows

Yitzchok adminjew at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 20:35:16 PDT 2010

NOTE: I tested this on Centos and I wasn't able to reproduce it. So it looks
like a windows problem or it might be that since I got one error when trying
to compile FreeSWITCH on windows I tried to fix it with the fix on this jira
bug report
http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/FSBUILD-296?focusedCommentId=20921&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel
so
maybe that is the problem.

(I am using Flite for TTS)

--
I have a macro (phrase) file that is set up like this.

  <macro name="test_tts">
    <input pattern="(.*)">
      <match>
<action function="speak-text" data="*Please enter the extension then press
the pound key.*"/>

        <action function="*play-file*"
data="ivr/ivr-to_repeat_these_options.wav"/>
        <action function="play-file" data="ivr/ivr-please.wav"/>
        <action function="play-file" data="voicemail/vm-press.wav"/>
        <action function="play-file" data="digits/9.wav"/>
        <action function="play-file" data="silence_stream://2000"/>
      </match>
    </input>
  </macro>

Then when I use this phrase file in the play_and_get_digits application,
something like this.

<action application="play_and_get_digits" data="1 4 3 7000 # phrase:test_tts
phrase:test_play_file \d+"/>

If I try to enter a number on the phone for example "234#" what happens here
is that if it is in the middle of playing the *speak-text *part of the
phrase file then it will just return "2" and stop right away (as if he is
done) if "234#" is pressed when the *play-file* part of phrase file is
playing then it will work as it should work (returning 234).

Yitzchok