[Freeswitch-users] FS with Red5 Streaming-Server (RTMP-Stream)

Richard Alam ritzalam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 12:07:16 PDT 2010

Hi Mike,

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
> It might be best to wait for mod_rtmp and compare functionality.  It probably won't do exactly what you want right out of the box, but will be extendable by the community.  Who is interested in working on rtmp/flash solutions for the open source once this module is released?

We are very interested in mod_rtmp. We currently have a flash client
that connects to FS conference. However, we have to create an
intermediary Red5 app that takes RTMP audio (Speex WB and Ulaw) and
send it to FS in RTP. If we can get rid of the Red5 app and connect
directly to FS with mod_rtmp, that would be perfect.

Richard

> Mike
>
> On Aug 12, 2010, at 4:01 AM, Dennis wrote:
>
>> it sounds as if there is a way to stream audio from fs over red5 to a
>> flash-player.
>>
>> could someone explain how it is done? we do not want any telephony or
>> any bi-directional things. we just need a simple one-way solution to
>> listen to calls.
>>
>> in the moment we stream like this: fs -> icecast2 -> flash
>> audio-player (which makes it a http stream)
>>
>> we would like to go another way: fs -> red5 -> flash audio-player
>> (where the stream to the flash player ist rtmp)
>>
>> it would be great, if someone could explain how it works!

---
BigBlueButton
http://www.bigbluebutton.org
http://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton