[Freeswitch-users] Selecting codec by sample rate

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Fri Aug 20 14:38:49 PDT 2010

Hello everyone,

  Does FreeSWITCH support the ability to accept/reject/filter/modify
codec by sample rate?

  I've defined SILK at 8000h as the only supported codec in my profile
yet clients calling in that prefer SILK at 12000h over SILK at 8000h are
allowed to bring up the call at SILK at 12000h.  It seems that SILK at
any sample rate is allowed as long as SILK at any sample rate is
defined in the profile.

  My profile is set to scrooge and I've tried various combinations of
late-negotiation, absolute_codec_string, etc to no avail.

  Should I be able to accept/reject specific sample rates?  If not I'm
willing to create a bounty for it...

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner