[Freeswitch-users] radius

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 13:52:05 PDT 2010

Le Fri, 20 Aug 2010 22:29:06 +0200,
David Ponzone <david.ponzone at ipeva.fr> a écrit :

> Hmm well yes, but PAP/CHAP is what you would used to auth a PPP user.
> In the case of FS, Radius would just authenticate.
> With the right client on the FS side, you could send all the
> parameters you want to FS, like where to route the call, etc...

Ok, until this point quite similar to LDAP (without the headaches though:)

> Also, Radius does accounting, so billing.

Ha ok, so the data exchange is bidir.

> I am not sure why Radius would be a better choice than a native SQL
> custom client, but there are probably pros and cons.

From what I read (wikipedia), RADIUS precisely avoid multiple DB
replications in favor of only one DB for multiple RADIUS svrs (as for
ISPs modems, emailing logins, etc) by securing all communications conveying
the authentication data.

Thanks David.

--
Hear about...