[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Vlasis Hatzistavrou vhatz at kinetix.gr
Fri Aug 20 09:19:43 PDT 2010

  On 20/8/2010 5:52 μμ, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> Yet another load test thread.........................
>
> This is why we don't like them.
>

> Too bad you missed my presentation at cluecon.....
>
> Do you hear yourself btw? Quibbling about completely free software
> *only* doing 200cps in your fake test?
I don't know if I missed any message in this thread, but why do you say
that the tester did a fake test?

> 200cps is 4 times the industry standard FYI and if you were really
> doing 200cps in real life you would be so rich at our expense that you
> could afford more boxes.
>
> you clearly ignored all of our repeated recommendations.
> Use the following or you are on your own.......
>
> This OS
> Centos 5.x x86_64

If someone is on his own for any other OS than Centos 5.x x86_64 then
why is FS offered for so many different platforms?

It's only natural for people to want to test it on their favorite
platform... Perhaps, as you recommend, Centos 5.x x86_64 gives the best
results over all other platforms, but last time I checked, a user is
still allowed to ask performance related questions for his favorite
platform in this mailing list, right?

Woody's post was not expressing any negative opinion about FS's
performance. He didn't comment on whether 200cps was too little or too
much. He just wrote that the CPU usage increased in an unexpected manner
and wonders how/if he can solve this. He wrote that he was doing a load
test scenario, he didn't write that he was making money at 200cps "at
your expense". And he wrote all this in a manner which was neither
insulting nor abusive.

The poster just wanted to learn something, see if others have gotten
better results with other setups. He was trying to make a valid
discussion to solve a problem, and other users were actually replying to
him.

This is what mailing lists are for, right?

I really don't understand why red flags have to be raised every time the
word "performance" is mentioned in this mailing list.

--
Best regards,
Vlasis Hatzistavrou.