[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch CPU usage

Woody Dickson woodydickson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 02:29:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am doing some experiments with Freeswitch by torturing it to see how
the machine's CPU response to heavy loaded situation.
The test is done on a 16 core 5550 dual quad core server running
fedora 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.x86_64 OS.

What I found so strange was that while CPU usage remains pretty low
and distributed among all cores at 190 - 200 calls per second.  Then,
after added a few more calls per second, all CPU becomes fully
utilized.

Is this due to some wrong setting?  Any idea how I can tweak the
configuration and continue my test?

Thanks,
Woody