[Freeswitch-users] g729

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Fri Aug 13 22:48:16 PDT 2010

  On 08/14/2010 01:22 PM, babak yakhchali wrote:
> thanx for ur answers
> may be I'm wrong but it seems if all my endpoints support g729 and I
> record to native format I would just need 10 licenses

FS will be playing piggy in the middle, monitoring 2 audio streams per
call. If you want to decode both, that is 2 licences. This may seem
unfair, as you are using 2 decoders and no encoders - the same amount of
licenced resources as one normal call. Why can't that be arranged to be
a single licence? The answer lies in the terms of the patent licencing
conditions.

Steve