[Freeswitch-users] CentOS 5.x and Python 2.6: segmentation fault importing ESL

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 12 01:03:07 PDT 2010

Hi João,

I am still not able to get it to compile for 2.6.

By 'path' I assume you mean whatever version /usr/bin/python points to? I
tried aliasing that with 2.6, it still didn't work. Note that it's not
recommended to replace 2.6 with 2.4 on CentOS, so I've installed it in
parallel.

How exactly do I modify python-config? I tried setting the first line to '#!
/usr/bin/python2.6', but that didn't work. Also tried changed the 'pyver'
variable to '2.6', but then I get a compilation error saying that lib is not
found.

Thanks,
Neil