[Freeswitch-users] Features question

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 10 16:25:13 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 2:32 PM, Craig Smith <craigesmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> AASTRA
> Download user guides at http://www.aastra.com
>
> Hold: press HOLD button
>
> Retrieve Hold: press blinking line key
>
> Transfer (attended): press XFER, dial destination, press DIAL, wait
> for answer, announce call, hangup to complete transfer
>
> Transfer (blind): Press XFER, dial destination, press DIAL, hangup
>
> *Retrieve VM: See message wait light; dial *98

*98 is already in the default dialplan. It is just like dialing 4000 or
dialing one's own extension

> *Transfer caller directly to VM: Press XFER, dial **, dial extension
> number, hangup

**XXXX currently is used for intercept (i.e. call pickup)
However, I threw this extension together quickly for a proof of concept:

  <extension name="Direct to
VM">

    <condition field="destination_number"
expression="^##(\d+)$">

      <action application="voicemail" data="default ${domain_name}
$1"/>

</condition>

  </extension>

Use ## + extension number to dial straight to VM

> *Call directly to user`s VM to leave message: Dial **, dial extension
> number, leave message

Same as above

> *Intercom call: Dial **, dial extension number, dial *1 (only works
> with phones that support hands-free auto-answer)

This is totally doable but I don't see any examples on the wiki. (However, I
know it's doable because we do it in the CudaTel.) I will research and let
you know what I find.

-MC

P.S. - The best way to be a FreeSWITCH convert is to buy our new book! :P