[Freeswitch-users] Unexpected silence on the call

Tony Graziano tgraziano at myitdepartment.net
Tue Aug 10 08:26:48 PDT 2010

a quick way to have the caller's UA send the reinvite might be to have them
place the call on hold and then resume the call. If this works, it's pretty
apparent you do indeed have a reinvite issue though. The carrier might be
expecting an empty packet for the rtp keepalive. It might be good to ask the
carrier what they would prefer in the following:

keepalive interval, method for sip keepalive, method for rtp keepalive

and compare that with your settings (as well as a trace).

> Our current assumption is that the 1800 seconds is expiring, and we
> are attempting to initiate the re-invite to the carrier, and the
> routing is not executing properly, perhaps?
>
> Has anyone experienced this problem?
> Is there a way to override the request to set the session_expire, or
> something?
>
> VMK

======================
Tony Graziano, Manager
Telephone: 434.984.8430
sip: tgraziano at voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.984.8431

Email: tgraziano at myitdepartment.net

Telephone: 434.984.8426
sip: helpdesk at voice.myitdepartment.net
Fax: 434.984.8427

Helpdesk Contract Customers:
http://www.myitdepartment.net/gethelp/

Why do mathematicians always confuse Halloween and Christmas?
Because 31 Oct = 25 Dec.