[Freeswitch-users] GPL Wins Again

M. Ranganathan mranga at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 09:24:43 PDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Madovsky <infos at madovsky.org> wrote:
> I read well don't worry,
> I say that because companies start to instrumentalize open source.
> so after years some developers (for google summer source code for ex)
> realise that they spent all their lifetime for a big company for free...
> that is why I called Open Fools....

I speak for myself  (as an individual) here :

I disagree with your characterization. Open source is engineers
collaborating informally on a shared piece of basic infrastructure
code so as to amortize engineering cost, testing cost and beta
testing. As an open source developer, you give away something to get a
lot in return so you can build on the sum total of collaborative
effort.

Open source is also an excellent way for students to establish a track
record. Yes it is free labor but try getting a job these days as a
fresh graduate with no experience and you will see what I am talking
about.

Ranga

--
M. Ranganathan