[Freeswitch-users] Distributing SIP registrations using ODBC

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Sun Aug 8 16:44:36 PDT 2010

Yes, that solution will fix it just fine.

There is another way, just in case it makes more sense for you:

If you have a NAT device that has a proper SIP ALG in it, (such as any of the Netopia 3300-ENT
routers), they will accept traffic from either server.

The other way that I'm about to try (I'm in the same boat, with all my clients behind NAT), is to
use a simple SIP proxy / load balancer in front of Freeswitch.  FS will send SIP back through the
load balancer to the client, so the traffic will originate from the load balancer IP, no matter
which FS box originates.  As long as each client registers through the same proxy each time (the
correct SRV record will ensure this), the NAT rules won't be a problem.

Media isn't as big an issue with Freeswitch, as it will detect the incoming RTP and use that as the
return path if the sdp is wrong.

-Tim