[Freeswitch-users] Modems

mazilo Nabble at slickdeals.endjunk.com
Sun Aug 8 13:31:05 PDT 2010

Ken Gillett wrote:
> Is it possible to use a (USB) modem as a 'trunk' to and from the PSTN,
> i.e. be able to accept incoming PSTN calls and also make PSTN calls?
>From a hardware point of view, I believe this is possible. For instance,
take a closer look at some DSL modem/router and a VoIP Gateway/Router that
is based on a TI AR7 platform. Chances are their hardware designs are the
same and also use the same (Legerity) chipset, yet their functions are
different due to their drivers and software applications. That said, if you
can manage to find the source code for your hardware and are willing to
invest your time on working on it, I am sure you will be able to succeed to
make your DSL modem acting as a VoIP device.

-----
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men,
but not when used together.