[Freeswitch-users] FS performance

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:33:34 PDT 2010

Le 06/08/2010 20:45, Sergey Okhapkin a écrit :
> Don't compare apples to oranges, FS is b2bua.

They both have juice, seeds and fall from trees ;)

> I'd say FS takes 30-40 times more CPU power than openser. No magic.

I thought using it only as a switch the CPU consumption was lowered.

But this answer my unformulated question which was: why using a couple made
of Kamailio & FS (I'm trying to find a powerful but malleable solution
that could fit either SMB & large companies)

Thanks

> On Friday 06 August 2010, Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> How does FS performs compared to Kamailio on the same machine?
>> (I'm just talking about pure switching, no transcoding, nor
>>    AA)
>>
>> JY

I'm mentally OVERDRAWN!  What's that SIGNPOST up ahead?  Where's ROD
STERLING when you really need him?