[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch - Skype

Ghulam Mustafa mustafa.pk at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 10:54:36 PDT 2010

AQuestion:
=======
Can caller A make call from his skype messenger to FS skypeID?

*(yes ofcourse) -- Caller A (On skype messenger or sip device) will be able
to call FS SkypeID, Caller A's call will land into FS dialplan, and you can
write your Call Routing logic in dialplan (unlimited possibilities) *

How B will know about this call?

*Again It's your FS dialplan login which will route calls. and is
responsible for ringing destinations you define in it.*

How C can be connected by B?

*Again, as above mentioned.
*
How the flow happens in FS and Skype? In terms of Sipphone vs Skype
Messenger?

*SIP devices registered with your FS can only communicate to each other, *
*For Landline/GSM you will need to terminate your SIP calls to some Voip
Gateway or Analog/Digital Trunk line (defined in your FS configuration)   ,*
*To allow your SIP Devices to talk with Skype users you will need
mod_skypopen (FS Skype Module)*

and regarding your question to get rid of skype messenger i fully support
you, but problem is skype holds 65% of voip traffic all over the world. and
we need a solution which can help us reach other 65% as well.

Regards.

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:29 PM, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at celliax.org>
wrote:
> Please have a read at this page, then after having *really* read it
> all, test it, and if you're still having problems, post here again:
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skypopen
>
> -giovanni
>
> On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 4:57 PM, Shamun toha md <shamun.toha at gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have few questions about FS and Skype, and very confuse. Please kindly
can
>> someone give me some advise?
>>
>> Assume A, B, C:
>> =============
>> - A to use skype messenger or mobile/land line numbers to place a call (A
is
>> a flying person, who can be in CAR/Train or office or home or restaurant)
>> - B will always receive calls in sip phone or skype messenger (B is a
static
>> person, he is in computer, his job is operator role for every call)
>> - C is call receiver, by B only ( C is flying person, who can be in CAR/
>> Train or even office waiting in Skype messenger)
>>
>> - A is caller, B is Operator, who decide if C will be connected, and C is
>> waiting for a call.
>> - A is logged in to skype messenger or not
>> - B is logged in to skype messenger or sip phone to FS server
>> - C is logged in to skype messenger or not
>>
>> - FS is installed with Skype incoming numbers + skypeID's
>>
>> Question:
>> =======
>> Can caller A make call from his skype messenger to FS skypeID?
>> How B will know about this call?
>> How C can be connected by B?
>>
>> How the flow happens in FS and Skype? In terms of Sipphone vs Skype
>> Messenger?
>>

>> Thank you
>> Best regards

> Sincerely,