[Freeswitch-users] Help on reading the log better

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 5 08:21:55 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Nyamul Hassan <mnhassan at usa.net> wrote:

> I have certainly reloaded the profile.  Did a full FS restart too.  The
> problem is not about registration.  Coz, FS does not register at all when
> "registration" is set to "false".
>
> But, when FS tries to send the call, it appends the user/pass in the call
> setup message.  For example, we have an asterisk box doing SS7 to a telco.
>  We just added the FS as a "peer" and it shows up in the "sip show peers"
> output.  But, when sending calls from FS, Asterisk says cannot authenticate
> "user/pass@<FS IP>".

Sounds like you found the problem: Authentication. It looks like Ast is
trying to auth the call and the gateway is responding with whatever you put
in for the username and password. Were you not expecting Asterisk to
challenge the calls? (Don't forget: there is a difference between
registration and authentication. Buy the FreeSWITCH book and read chapter
four. :P )

-MC