[Freeswitch-users] How does Freeswitch CDR determine which gateway was used in failover?

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Fri Apr 30 02:09:59 PDT 2010

There is/was a feature that did this: copy_xml_cdr, which sticks the b-leg CDR into the a-leg XML as a channel var. In practice I've found it sometimes just doesn't work, so don't use it if it's still there. There's also failed_xml_cdr_prefix which will write the failed b-legs into the main CDR. But I'm seeing a bug there too, where sometimes the b-leg CDR XML gets truncated. I have to do more research and I'll open a jira on it.

If you don't need the full b-leg CDR, it'll make your life a lot easier to just track the few pieces of info you need right on the a-leg by setting variables before bridging.

-Michael