[Freeswitch-users] Controlling calls with mod_event_socket

Frank Church vfclists at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 25 00:21:38 PDT 2010

http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/12801

The AGI first tests if the management system is running checking the
uptime table, then it checks whether the extension making the call is
permitted, then allows the call to proceed into the dial plan.

This version is setup for a single outbound provider. I want to extend
the freeswitch version dial multiple providers in case of failure.

Thanks

Frank.

On 25 April 2010 07:02, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Throw a copy of that AGI script up on pastebin and let us take a look at it.
> We should be able to assist you in finding the right event_socket stuff to
> get you going.
> -MC
>
> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Frank Church <vfclists at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I have a simple Asterisk AGI based to translate to Freeswitch and want
>> to use mod_event_socket to implement.
>>
>> The first part is whether the extension making the call is active. In
>> the AGI it checks the database whether the extension is supposed to be
>> on, and skips to the end of the dial plan if it is not.
>>
>> The second part is to check the destination, select the gateway to
>> call, and dial through with an API command or whatever is best suited.
>>
>> If I use an outbound event socket which events should I filter for?
>>
>> >From reading the docs it looks once the call is parked and the event
>> shows up, I either hangup the call, or unpark it and bridge via a
>> gateway.
>>
>> The wiki page http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket_Outbound
>> gives an example like this.
>>
>> sendmsg
>> call-command: execute
>> execute-app-name: bridge
>> execute-app-arg: {ignore_early_media=true}sofia/gateway/myGW/177808
>> event-lock: true
>>
>> The api command list produced by api show does not contain a bridge
>> command, but has a uuid_bridge command. Is that the command to use?
>>
>> Another wiiki example uses this: api originate
>> sofia/mydomain.com/ext at yourvsp.com 1000 , which appears to be another
>> method.
>>
>> I just need some info about the options available and how to implement
>> them.
>>

>> --
>> Frank Church

Frank Church