[Freeswitch-users] Controlling calls with mod_event_socket

Frank Church vfclists at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 24 12:37:08 PDT 2010

I have a simple Asterisk AGI based to translate to Freeswitch and want
to use mod_event_socket to implement.

The first part is whether the extension making the call is active. In
the AGI it checks the database whether the extension is supposed to be
on, and skips to the end of the dial plan if it is not.

The second part is to check the destination, select the gateway to
call, and dial through with an API command or whatever is best suited.

If I use an outbound event socket which events should I filter for?

>From reading the docs it looks once the call is parked and the event
shows up, I either hangup the call, or unpark it and bridge via a
gateway.

The wiki page http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket_Outbound
gives an example like this.

sendmsg
call-command: execute
execute-app-name: bridge
execute-app-arg: {ignore_early_media=true}sofia/gateway/myGW/177808
event-lock: true

The api command list produced by api show does not contain a bridge
command, but has a uuid_bridge command. Is that the command to use?

Another wiiki example uses this: api originate
sofia/mydomain.com/ext at yourvsp.com 1000 , which appears to be another
method.

I just need some info about the options available and how to implement them.

--
Frank Church