[Freeswitch-users] Manage call from Event Socket inbound

Jose Fco. Irles jfirles at bio.es
Thu Apr 22 09:46:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to manage calls from the Event Socket in inbound mode,
connecting to freeswitch and waiting for events and sending commands.
I don't know how to sleep the call until my logic executes a action in
this new call.

I've tried to park the call with this in the dialplan:

    <extension name="my_park">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^.+$">
        <action application="park"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

but freeswitch "pre answers" the call and my sip client receives a "183
Session progress". I want the the call to wait in "100 Trying" until my
logic execute something for the new call.

In outbound mode this works well, when the dialplan executes the
"socket" application, the call waits in "100 Trying".

I prefer to make this in inbound mode because it's more scalable and
simple than build a tcp server and manage the calls in outbound mode.
However in outbound mode I need inbound mode for some things.