[Freeswitch-users] performance comparison between centos and freebsd

Woody Dickson woodydickson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 07:14:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have tested with running freeswitch1.0.5 on freebsd and centos 5.4.

The expectation is that freeswitch 1.0.5 acting as media proxy would
perform better in freebsd, but I found that freebsd can only sustain
half of the total concurrent calls as in centos 5.4 (120 vs 60).

The test is run on both ATOM CPU and VIA c7 and the result is
relatively the same.

Does anyone know why?  Is this some sort of setting issues in freebsd
kernel?  I have tried with pure freebsd and pfsense and the result is
the same.

Woody