[Freeswitch-users] False Answer Supervision (FAS) - Question

Alfredo Quiroga-Villamil lawwton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 05:30:18 PDT 2010

Hello Vlasis. I'll set something up this afternoon and send it to you
to make sure I am interpreting this correctly. Essentially the issue I
am experiencing in this case seems to be due to the VOIP ==> PSTN
conversion being done by the GrandStream.

I wasn't really using wireshark; just looking at the SIP trace after
having enabled SIP debug messages. I'll setup a test today and capture
the output of it and send it your way. If I am not mistaken what I am
seeing is a 200 OK message being sent by the GrandStream immediately
after doing the bridge from the VOIP leg to the PSTN side. Once the
bridge is created and the call sent over the PSTN, if an answer is
received, the GrandStream will then propagate a second 200.

A second set of eyes wouldn't hurt before I try to implement a hack
for this using OpenSips. In this case I seem to have the ability as
Michael previously pointed out to intercept Signaling and manipulate
it if needed. The basic idea I have is since I will always receive a
200 OK, (assuming I was correctly looking that day at the SIP trace)
is to simply ignore the first one and propagate just the second one
received. Which could also be a 486 or whatever other message. At that
point I wouldn't care, I would just propagate whatever I get after the
first 200.

I really appreciate the help with this since this could be a tricky
issue at times. Simplified in this case since I will always receive
the same result.

Alfredo