[Freeswitch-users] Recommended phones

Metik freeswitch-users-list at metik.com
Mon Apr 12 10:40:45 PDT 2010

I would recommend Cisco Linksys and Snom, the quirks they do have are
less painful and mostly manageable.  However, if you are looking for a
quality speaker phone, I suggest Polycom or Cisco.   I'm not a fanboy of
any manufacturer and even though I like the sound quality of most
Polycom phones and their presence capabilities, I have seen far too many
of them fail in the field (i.e. displays and memory).

That does not mean that others have not seen the same with the phones
that I recommend, but a side from a few caveats, they have been largely
reliable if you avoid firmware roulette.

My recommendation on ATAs would be either to avoid them or limit their
use to connect cordless phones or fax machines.  I have deployed a
significant number (thousands) of the Linksys SPA 2102 units and
although I have seen many bugs come and go, they provide a healthy
balance of quality and economy.  If the budget and port density supports
it, I highly recommend Audiocodes (especially when it comes to faxing).

-metik