[Freeswitch-users] (dynamic) user created conference rooms

excelsio at gmx.net excelsio at gmx.net
Mon Apr 12 10:16:44 PDT 2010

Hi,

I successfully installed the basic conference servicee from the conference script on the wiki:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Examples_JavaScript_Conference_IVR

I don´t want to let my users tell me to create the conference rooms by hand, so I´d like to have a basic authentication system to let them create/delete their conference rooms. The question is, how? Well, I have a centralized user database. Therefore I could authenticate them with the help of RADIUS. But setting up a secured homepage to access the database? To complicated for me. Never done this. So I asked me whether the following would work:

1. users write an email to conference-setup at mydomain.com. They user their corporate email address and the corporate email server.
2. a script on the freeswitch host downloads the email and checks the header of the email: the sender´s address, i.e. user at mydomain.com and the used email server, i.e. email.mydomain.com
(Will this be an adequate spoofing check? The email will be checked before against spam by the email server...). So the users are "authenticated" somehow at least.
3. a script checks the subject for e.g. "ADD", "CHANGE" or "DELETE"
4. the body should contain the "CONFERENCE ROOM NUMBER" in the first line, a "PASSWORD" in the second line, the "CONFERENCE ROOM NAME" in the third line or in c ase a user wants to delete an entry, the old password.
5. another script will take those entries, starts mysql and insert those values in the table of the database

What do you think? Will this work? Has anyone already tried that? Are there easier options? It would be great if you could give some hints.

thanks in advance

Michael