[Freeswitch-users] move on from asterisk, the Random or rand function

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:25:43 PDT 2010

moderate news:
there is the expr app that is not exactly intuitive but can generate a
random number as a function variable

${expr(randomize(&x);ceil(random(0,10,&x)))}

This will eval to a random number from 1 to 10 (always start one number less
than where you want to start)

see: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/files/expr.html

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/