[Freeswitch-users] svn up then make current - Errors

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Apr 1 22:42:14 PDT 2010

Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> > You really only need git if you plan on having commit access. There is an
> SVN mirror, so you don't really have to change anything if all you ever do
> is download FS to update your system.

Correct. If, however, you modify packaging or make other changes before
building, it should be easier with Git as you can establish your own private
branches, merge changes and access the entire history of the repository.

I've cloned the git repository but I haven't tried building FreeSWITCH from it
yet. I modify the Debian package files before building to enable certain
modules, set the version number appropriately, and so on.