[Freeswitch-users] PSTN Integration and real deployments

Nandy Dagondon nandy1925 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 22:33:52 PDT 2010

hi guru,

re pstn integration:
0) get an ATA. connect the FXS port to an analog phone and the FXO port to
your phone line. set the FXO port to dial (send INVITE) to Freeswitch after
1 or 2 rings. you can create an Auto-Attendant on FS to handle this call.
you can control the route of outgoing calls (PSTN or VoIP) via dialplan.

i hv tried Grandstream HT-503 but the FXO port has problems. i'd like to get
Audiocodes. grab their User Manual to give you an idea.

1) you hv to register w/ a VoIP provider if u route your calls via Internet.
the incoming number is usually offered as an option. re charges. it depends
on the plan you get.

re real deployments:

0) you can mix the client phones - IP hardphones or via FXS gateways (4/8/24
ports) to connect analog phones
1) yes. that's multi-port FXS gateways. there are multiport FXO gateways
where you can place FS to handle PSTN calls for the legacy PABX

PSTN <==> FS <==> PABX

i hope it clears up a bit from your cloud confusion :-)

-nandy