[Freeswitch-users] sound gets stuck in FreeSWITCH pizza application

Francisco Scaramanga scaram at hotmail.de
Sun Sep 27 12:33:59 PDT 2009

I am running the FreeSWITCH sample application gino's pizza on Windows Vista SP1.

The application is running and I can order pizza :-) but there are 2 points:

1. The problem is that the voice playback, for instance "Welcome to gino's pizza" gets stuck very often.

Sometimes it sounds good, sometimes bad. Furthermore sometimes I can hear only the first part of the playback and the rest is missing.

When I make a call with 2 softphones using FreeSWITCH the quality is very good.

2. Between the single pizza-order-steps the next grammar is loaded , for instance pizza_size.gram. The CPU load always goes up to more than 50% and it takes about 5 seconds until the next playback is played. My Computer is an Intel Core2Duo 2,0 GHz which should fast enough.

Any idea?