[Freeswitch-users] Mod_vmd and Session Locking.

Vinuth Madinur vinuth.madinur at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 12:17:40 PDT 2009

Hello All,
I'm trying to do a simple dialer, where I am:

1. Initiating mod_vmd on channel answer.
2. Staying quiet until there is a beep.
3. Leave a message on beep.
4. Hangup.

(in my scenario it's guaranteed to hit voicemail.)

But the session isn't exiting properly after "hangup", with last statement
being: " switch_core_session.c:1068 Session 1 (sofia/external/1002) Locked,
Waiting on external entities".

It doesn't go to CS_DONE state. I see [CRIT] level logs when shutting down
freeswitch waiting for all these sessions to complete.
But all these sessions are getting stuck while attempting to get a write
lock on session object.
I tried this with both 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 and the behavior is similar.
Can someone please help? Or point me toward fixing it?

Thanks,
Gubbi.