[Freeswitch-users] Status of ubuntu/debian packages.

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Wed Sep 23 14:18:23 PDT 2009

Hi Rich

On Thu, Sep 24, Hadley Rich wrote:
> What file structure did you create the package with i.e. /opt/, /usr/local/,
> /usr/ - just wondering about inclusion into the archive.

Currently it's /opt/freeswitch.  I would like to see it move to FHS correct locations for inclusion in to debian/ubuntu.  This is the next bit that I will be working on.  Hopefully we can get it in good shape for the freeze of squeeze.  Of course we also hope that the debian voip team will pick it up once we've cleaned it up.

> Also you mentioned multiverse - what parts have licensing that requires going
> into multiverse rather than universe?

I am not an ubuntu guy so I can't speak to that.  I would say that most of the licenses of the included packages would allow for inclusion in debian main.  Things like the cepstral support would have to go in to contrib.

--FC