[Freeswitch-users] Automagic Phone Provisioning

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Sep 23 10:09:17 PDT 2009

There are several ways to accomplish this, with enough effort.

The most straight forward approach is to run two DHCP servers on that
network, with each of the DHCP servers ignoring the OUIs of devices they do
not wish to manage.

You'll need to configure two separate pools on the two
servers (and turn off the authoritative option in ISC DHCP). But those
pools could be in the same subnet if needed.

Another approach might be to run a custom DHCP relay on the PBX which
injects the appropriate option into the response; again, with the primary
DHCP ignoring requests from your phones based on a class statement (e.g.).
I've done something similar in an ISP environment before. I can send you
my rather ugly PERL code if you'd like.

--
Dan White