[Freeswitch-users] Automagic Phone Provisioning

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Wed Sep 23 08:51:46 PDT 2009

I don't think it's trivially possible, unless you can stick the PBX
between the DHCP server and the rest of the network.  The reason is that
DHCP reply packets are not broadcast, but sent back to the MAC address
of the originator, so your Ethernet switch won't even let your PBX see
the replies.

Even if it could see them, add something to them and retransmit, the
client will almost certainly already have seen the original reply and
would be likely just to ignore the later one.

Any reason why you can't just ask them to add that option to their
existing DHCP server?

And how do you know it's done, and, if you've figured out how to do it,
could you share?

--Dave