[Freeswitch-users] Automagic Phone Provisioning

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Wed Sep 23 08:45:21 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:19 AM, digilord <grae at digilord.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>        I know this is done and I think I figured out how to do it but I don't
> want to reinvent the wheel so here goes.  I am looking for a program
> that will sit on the PBX.  This program will intercept DHCP reply
> packets destined for phones, inject "option 66" into the packet and
> release it back onto the network.

Not going to happen.  Once the DHCP reply is on the wire it is going
to be picked up by the phone.

You could as the lazy client to setup your phones on their own VLAN
and have the pbx provide dhcp services to that VLAN but that might be
more work than having them set option 66 to begin with.

--
-Rupa