[Freeswitch-users] Displaying matched extension during a call

Anil Kumar S. R. sranil at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 02:19:37 PDT 2009

Thanks Michael for your links. Till now I was working on the command line
which we get on executing the 'freeswitch' command. I didn't know abt the
'fs_cli' command. The fs_cli gives lot more information that will be helpful
for novice user like me.

Thanks,
Anil

2009/9/22 Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org>

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM, Anil Kumar S. R. <sranil at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am new to Freeswitch. So please bear with me if I ask any silly
>> questions.
>>
>> * Can anyone of you please tell me how to display the extension name which
>> has matched an incoming/outgoing call.
>> * And can you please elaborate what does '<action application="info"/>'
>> mean.
>> * Suppose we have set a variable in the extension of the dialplan XML. Is
>> there anyway we can display this variable on CLI for our debugging purposes.
>>

> Anil,
>
> Here are few links to get started:
> Handy tutorial: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2009/106/TALK-SOFT
> Chan vars: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables
> Log app: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_log
>
> Note: the info app dumps all sorts of information to the console and is a
> great way to learn about many of the channel variables that FS has. The log
> app will make it easy for you to pinpoint just a single channel variable:
> <action application="log" data="INFO Dialed extension is ${dialed_ext}"/>
>
> Have fun!
> -MC

Anil Kumar S. R.
http://sranil.googlepages.com/

"The best way to succeed in this world is to act on the advice you give to
others."