[Freeswitch-users] Affordable GSM gateway for one cellphone?

Fred-145 codecomplete at free.fr
Sat Sep 19 03:34:25 PDT 2009

Hello

I'm selling a basic solution for SOHO customers (FS is installed on their
work computer running Windows or Macs) to handle an analog phone line.
When they're on the road, in addition or instead of getting a notification
by e-mail when someone calls their office, some users might want to have the
Freeswitch server actually ring their cellphone so they can take calls.

Besides taking a subscription with a VoIP provider that the Freeswitch
server will use to ring their cellphone, I'd like to know what my options
are when it comes to setting up a GSM gateway on the customer's premises, in
case they don't want to depend on the Internet.

Are there Freeswitch-compatible, affordable solutions to handle a single GSM
subscription? I guess all it takes is having them take a second subscription
with their GSM provider and inserting the SIM chip inside the gateway to
have Freeswitch ring their cellphone, but I've never used those things.

Thank you.