[Freeswitch-users] mod_lcr and indexes

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Fri Sep 18 10:35:30 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Marcelo Sosa - LST
<listas at askterisk.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>>> I know that mysql is dumb, but i´m postgresql-fobic :) (i was happy using
>>> pgsql, until i found a bug in the restore of backups, that makes the
>>> backup
>>> unable to be restored, very bad day) :-)
>>
>> huh, really?
>
> Bug ID #885 :-)

What bug repository. :)

>> What is the size of your rate table?  When trying both ways, what is
>> the measured difference in performance?  Does mysql have a way to
>> analyze the table to ensure it's statistics are up to date?
>
> Rate table has about 19k records, i´m just testing. No measured difference
> with real calls (haven´t tested it), but mysql has a EXPLAIN command that
> analyzes the query and returns information about it (key used, possible
> keys, number of rows returned by the subquery, etc).
> I´m emailing you by private the EXPLAIN query result, i don´t want to
> clobber this list with mysql problems :-)

heh, ok, I replied to your email before seeing this.   So you can
ignore that part.  umm...  lets see.  We'll keep in private email
until we have an answer an followup here.

At 19,000 records, that is probably just a few blocks on disk -- not
large at all.  But we can still try to get this working ok.

> Regards,
> Marcelo Sosa

-Rupa