[Freeswitch-users] Build problems with Shoutcast module under Debian

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Thu Sep 17 19:07:26 PDT 2009

While trying to build FreeSWITCH rev. 14913, compilation failed with the
following.

the operating system is Debian Sid. Ogg development files are installed, but
libogg.la does not exist anywhere. I'm still using libtool 1.5.26, because the
build problems with FreeSWITCH and libtool 2 under Debian haven't been
resolved.

As soon as someone takes over the Debian packaging I'll gladly help out with
testing and fixes - I'm far too busy at the moment to work on it intensively.

ranlib .libs/libshout.a
rm -fr .libs/libshout.lax
creating libshout.la
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib/libogg.la: No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libogg.la' is not a valid libtool archive
make[10]: *** [libshout.la] Error 1