[Freeswitch-users] reloadxml question

Tihomir Culjaga tculjaga at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:55:57 PDT 2009

well, it is a specific module for delivering some sort of services...
Actually, we are trying to build a SIP Application Server based on
freeswitch in core... the server will/should be in charge of delivering
various services e.g.

international call routing (route calls to international destinations
according to src_number, dst_prefix, user_qos_group, asr, acd.... )
hubbing (route traffic between carriers according to whatever you want)
local number portability (... no need to explain)
location based services (special services e.g. call distribution for
emergency services, local services ... lets say the user dials 101 and he
always gets the closest/preferred store... )
legal intercept (not allowed to talk about :P)
Voice VPNs
Network Announcement
Limited postpaid services
radius authorization (no accounting)

The idea is not to route calls through FS... it is going to be used just as
a ticketing server. FS needs to respond with an appropriate SIP message
containing routing decision. This way we make FS stateless as no calls are
going through and in the same time it holds all the services/routing logic
we need.

so, there are 2 main things:

1. all relevant routing parameters are loaded into a DKA memory map
2. all user parameter queries are done towards an OpenLDAP database

remember i was asking questions about performance and how to fine tune the
monster :P... well that's it.

i'm able to run at 400+ CPS on a single server.

we will see how it will finish ... so far, we are at 80% of the project and
I plan to switch some real traffic soon.

T.