[Freeswitch-users] I got ERLang to fire a configuration request

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Tue Sep 15 13:30:22 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 08:38:41AM -0600, Mark Sobkow wrote:
> I still need to stuff the Freeswitch PID into global storage somewhere
> so the process that's handling the configuration requests can send the
> reply without crashing (it's just getting a node id, not a Pid), but I
> seem to be on my way to configuring Freeswitch via ERLang.

Looking at your code, assuming I read it right, you should be able to
just replace:

FreeSWITCHNode ! SomeMsg.

with

{api, FreeSWITCHNode} ! SomeMsg.

The freeswitch module doesn't really have a pid, since it's not a real
erlang node, it's all faked and all messages to a pid or a registered
process on the C node go to the same place.

Andrew