[Freeswitch-users] FS Crashes After Second Call To Python Application

Rob Forman rob4manhere at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:28:42 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I wrote a small 10-line python script wrapping "txfax" (http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/10274
).  Basically it originates a call with Session(), calls mod_fax txfax
application, then hangs up.

The weird thing is that this works fine the first I run it from
fs_cli.  When I run a second time however - it still works and sends
the fax - but FS seg faults after the python script exits.

Gdb shows something with Session destroy:

#0  PYTHON::Session::destroy (this=0x83cd308) at freeswitch_python.cpp:
60
60			Py_DECREF(Self);

Here is the backtrace from the core:
   http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/10275

Is this a bug- or am I not setting up or cleaning up the session
properly?  I was going to open a jira but thought I'd see if I'm
missing something obvious first.

Thanks!
Rob