[Freeswitch-users] Mod_fifo posision in queue

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Sep 10 00:37:39 PDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 11:32 PM, Dome Charoenyost <dome at tel.co.th> wrote:

> 2009/9/10 Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com>:
> > You can use a phrase macro but I am not sure that we set the position
> > in a way that you can expand it for the macro.
>
> fifo don't have queue position variable ?

I have a feeling that this functionality is possible but it will probably
need to be added to mod_fifo.c as a feature request. Announcing the caller's
position in queue is really a function of the queue system itself and not
some third-party script. That being said, a question for the devs is this:
if I know the uuid of a call that's in a fifo queue can I displace the audio
(be it MOH, fifo_chime, etc.) and playback the caller's position (or any
other audio for that matter) without disrupting the queue system? Just
curious.
-MC