[Freeswitch-users] mod_cdr_csv and mysql

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 8 10:35:45 PDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Hristo Benev <foxb at abv.bg> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> I saw an sql option in mod_cdr_csv.
>
> For my surprise it wrote sql code in Master.csv file instead of recording
> to mysql database (already setup as ODBC)
>
> Is that normal or I'm missing something?

The purpose of the SQL template is to create SQL-ready commands that will
load your CDRs into a table. It does not perform the operation itself, it
merely creates the records in a file on the HDD.

> I read on the wiki that there is additional perl script to load csv to
> mysql.
>
> Should I do it in that way?

That is one way to do it. By dropping the records into a disk file you have
a layer of protection for those annoying occasions when your db goes down.

Other ways to handle CDRs would include the event socket (which Diego
mentioned in his post) as well as mod_xml_cdr. They each have their
advantages. Using SQL statements in CSV is pretty easy compared to the other
options, however the other options will give you much more information about
each call. If the CSV records contain all the data you need then I would use
them since it's the easiest to implement.
-MC