[Freeswitch-users] Conference DTMFs heard by participants

Bradley Brashier bjbrashier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:26:44 PDT 2009

I have a FreeSWITCH conference with a list of DTMFs, some of which are
handled through the event socket (like mute-all), some of which are
handled by FreeSWITCH itself (like mute-self). There are a number of
commands available and all of them are 2 digits in length.

The issue is that when a command is pressed on one phone in the
conference, all users hear the tones of the first key pressed. My
expectation is that no other users should hear any of the keys, at
least not unless they do not correspond to any command. This happens
regardless of whether it's a command processed by the event app or if
it's processed by FS. I have tried using single-digit commands and the
same thing happens -- that single digit is heard by all conference
members.

Questions:
1) Is this expected behavior (ie. is there some reason you would want this)?
2) Is this something that I can change with some parameter somewhere?

BB