[Freeswitch-users] Using mod_managed to create full FreeSWITCH modules

Michael Giagnocavo mgg at giagnocavo.net
Tue Sep 8 05:12:31 PDT 2009

Are you looking to run when mod_managed shuts down? Or when your managed plugin reloads, or something else? (mod_managed is not unloadable, so I don't believe it gets any notification of shutting down.)

As far as interop in general, it's usually possible. However, a lot of the FreeSWITCH code uses macros, and they aren't available via SWIG. So in those cases, you'll either need to manually reconstruct the macro, or write some interop code in C/C++ to do what you want, then expose that via SWIG (or, if you do it nicely, just P/Invoke it directly).

Some of the native code generates some pretty ugly structures; you will probably need to become friends with the Marshal class and pass around a lot of IntPtrs to get things going.

As far as I know, no one has built a non API/App with mod_managed.

-Michael