[Freeswitch-users] how to call mod_commands from within a lua script

Michael S Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Sep 6 00:36:35 PDT 2009

On Sep 5, 2009, at 8:25 PM, Adam Wilt <wiltingtree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, the documentation says that mod_commands is available from
> within mod_lua. But when I try to access it like this:
>
> session:execute("uuid_broadcast",session_id .. " " .. filename .. "
> both")
>
> I get: Invalid Application uuid_broadcast
>
> or
>
> session:execute("bgapi","uuid_broadcast " .. session_id .. " " ..
> filename .. " both")
>
> I get: Invalid Application bgapi
>
> or
>
> session:uuid_broadcast(session_id .. " " .. filename .. " both")
>
> I get: attempt to call field 'uuid_broadcast' (a nil value)
>

> Can somebody please explain how to do this?
>
> Thanks!

Absolutely. Using session:execute is only for dialplan applications.
To do API commands, including all the stuff in mod_commands, you need
to create an API object:

api = freeswitch.API()

Then send a command and the variable will receive the results:

reply = api:executeString("version")

Check out this page for more examples:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Make_API_calls_directly_from_Lua_code

-MC